The Baton Rouge tennis community is among our strongest sports groups in the city. Collaborators such as the Greater Baton Rouge Community Tennis Association and BREC have been recognized with numerous awards by the US Tennis Association for their support of tennis in our area. A tremendous opportunity exists to connect the tennis community to youth-based programs throughout the city for instructional/exposure events, camps and clinics on a continual basis that introduces the sport to youth throughout the community.
- Partners: School Partners, Youth Sports Partners, After-School programs, GBRCTA, Louisiana Tennis, BREC, YMCA
- Time frame: First quarterly event in spring 2018
- Grassroots, school-based effort to introduce tennis to kids
- Followed by youth based, Instructional/Exposure Events
- Includes six-week programs at various tennis centers in EBR, summer programs, holiday programs when school is out of session
- Supplemental grant funding available through US Tennis Association and GBRCTA
- Goals: Reach at least 300 children (6-12 years of age) in 2018