SPORTSBR KIDS CLUB
Active lifestyles is an important part of our community outreach and a kids race series would remove some barriers to participation for children as well as introduce them to a life-long sport. Empirical evidence also suggests parents and guardians are more like to participate in these endurance based events when their children are also active in the sport. The SportsBR Kids Club would be a discounted registration program for three (3) One Mile Fun Runs at the 2019 Louisiana Marathon, Mardi Gras Mambo and Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital Amazing Half Marathon.
- Partners: Local Track Clubs, Local Youth Sports Programs, Louisiana Marathon, Mardi Gras Mambo, OLOL Amazing Half Marathon
- One discounted registration fee for kids (ages 12 and under) to participate in all 3 kids races
- Timeline: Rollout in May 2018 for races in winter 2019
- Goal: 500 children signed up in club by March 2019
#RUNBR 5K SERIES
In recent years, non-profit organizations around our city have turned to 5k races in order to raise funds for their organizations. In conjunction with our race partners at FRESHJUNKIE racing, we propose consolidating smaller 5ks into a larger event in order to help reduce costs, effort and energy and allow non-profits to focus on recruiting participants and finding sponsorship. These events could also serve as building blocks for larger events focused on health, wellness, physical activity and nutrition.
- Partner(s): BRPD, Local 5k organizers, FreshJunkie Racing
- Consolidating 5k runs in Baton Rouge area to help local non-profits
- Timeline: Two events per year; beginning in Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
- Goals: 1,000 runners in two events per year